Quote of the week (9/25)
“I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature.” ~John D. Rockefeller
Article of the Week: Diabetes Type II in plain english
ETSY shop now open!
- Are our senses designed to fool us?
- The silliness of racial bigotry
- The importance of gratitude
- The most important resource we have is…
- The very best of friends are…
- Maintaining a healthy cash flow in life
- Rules of the masculine gender: how to keep your man happy
- 9 tips to guitar mastery
- Healing sexually induced societal scars
- Knowledge is power… wait, is that really true?
- How to lose weight effectively
- Being Broken
- How to give a great public speech
- Rules of the feminine gender: How to keep your lady happy
- The holiest of all wars
- Nigeria: West Africa’s Sleeping Giant
- The beauty of human emotion
- How to prepare for ACL surgery
- Be formless, shapeless… be like water
- In search of the ultimate virtue…
- Life’s Lessons from Steve Jobs
- A loner’s manifesto: Blessed are the introverted
- 10 Strategies for maintaining your health
- Transcending your Fears
- The Green Smoothie – Gimmicky Green Sludge? or Human Rocket Fuel?
- God vs Darwin
- Is Ignorance Really Bliss?
In “Science in Plain English”
- Diabetes Type II in plain english
- Diabetes Type I in plain english
- The anatomy of the human knee
- Speculations on the impending era of artificial intelligence
- Why is the daytime sky blue?
- The nuisance also known as the common cold, and how to avoid it
- How alcohol affects the human body
- The hardest working muscle in the human body
- Why do plastic water bottles burst if left in a freezer for too long?
- Stem cells, artificial organs, and the potential for a healthier future
- An ACL tear, and surgical repair
- Sickle Cell Anemia: When Red Blood Cells Look Like Sickles
- Clever genetic tests, and the end of Down Syndrome
- The Blueprint of Life: DNA
Now Available on iTunes and iBookstore for Apple Macintosh and iPad.
Don’t have a Mac or an iPad? Download from inkling habitat.
In Kneed of Repair Customer Reviews:
Very informative and of high value ★★★★★
by Dr. A. Irani MD from iTunes USA
Dr. Oyolu’s book does a very nice job of describing everything a patient needs to know about ACL surgery. The book does an excellent job of describing everything from the anatomy of the knee, to preparing one’s house for rehab and recovery; this complete manual will be very helpful to patients. Having operated on and taken care of patients with ACL injuries, I can recommend this resource as a good read for patients looking to get the most out of their surgery. -Dr. A. Irani MD
artistic, informative and insightful ★★★★★
by blorgtron from iTunes USA
In Kneed of Repair provides an easy way to understand the anatomy of the human knee though beautiful illustrations done by the author, himself. Beyond providing an understanding of how one might sustain a serious injury and the different medical choices that accompany recovery, Dr. Oyolu recounts his own injury and addresses the very human thoughts and emotions that he, himself, struggled with. The book provides reassurance where concerns may arise and encourages readers to dedicate themselves to the demanding task of rehabilitation. It goes the extra mile in explaining different stretches/exercises for physical therapy and cataloging things to prep for the long journey to recovery. The ebook also includes embedded videos if you have trouble visualizing the exercises explained in writing. All in all, In Kneed of Repair was an easy read that I enjoyed thoroughly. It’s a great tool if you or someone you know has seriously injured their ACL and don’t know exactly where to begin.. Start by having a look at this book!
Just tore your acl? Get this book! ★★★★★
by GlfWid0 from iTunes Canada
This book explains the process of having an acl repaired from start to finish and beyond. I especially enjoyed the illustrations. The videos and detailed exercises will be a great reference during my own recovery. Well done!
Timelapse of my most current mural